Today it is not just exporters of military or dual-use (military/civilian) goods that need to be concerned about export compliance – everyone from Internet sellers to traditional shippers of otherwise innocuous products such as flowers and clothing needs to make sure they have an export compliance program in place. This webinar will provide you with the tools to create an effective export compliance program, which can not only help you avoid violating export laws and regulations but can also be instrumental in mitigating the penalties assessed when things go awry.
- identifying the export controls on your products and technology
- understanding distinctions between the agencies that oversee the export and reexport of goods and technology
- creating a technology control plan that allows access only to authorized parties
- screening programs and when to conduct screening of transactions
- licensing authority
- training of staff
- reporting violations and when to file a prior disclosure - recordkeeping
Donna Bade, manages the Chicago office of Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A. Her practice is focused on import and export trade law, trade regulations and customs law, regulatory law and transportation law.
Date: Thursday | February 13, 2014
Time: 1:00PM-2:00PM EST
Cost: $200 USD
Note: This event is in the process of being certified by NCBFAA Educational Institute for Certified Export Specialist (CES) continuing education credits.
CES credit: 1