POSITION: Client Care Manager
HOURS OF WORK: Work hours will normally be between approximately 8:00 am-5:00 pm CST (9:00 am-6:00 pm EST) based on needs of clients and associates. One Stat Holiday may be required to be worked annually. Participation in the after hours on-call rotation may be required.
LOCATION: Based out of Pembina, ND (lives in MN or ND) or Columbia, SC office (lives in SC or NC)
START DATE: ASAP
GHY USA, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for the role of a Client Care Manager. GHY International is a customs and trade services group designed to assist importers and exporters in trading throughout the world markets. Founded in 1901, GHY is one of Canada’s oldest brokerage companies and has offices in Toronto, Emerson, Winnipeg, Calgary, Vancouver, North Dakota, and South Carolina. GHY’s structure is designed around providing sustainable corporate growth, strong client service, and opportunity to GHY associates. One of the most predominant aspects of our company culture is CARE. It is ingrained in all we do; relationships matter to us.
Reporting to the US Director of Operations, the Client Care Manager oversees the day-to-day activities of a team that delivers on timely and compliant entry processing while providing outstanding service to our clients. The Client Care Manager works with their team to ensure a balanced workload and works in collaboration with other departments to provide resources, training, and opportunities for associates to grow, learn and be successful. In addition, he/she is responsible for building and maintaining strong, long-lasting relationships with our clients.
- Hands-on leadership focused on driving a culture of excitement and accountability with an emphasis on timely release, compliance, and client intimacy
- Managing, coaching, and mentoring a team of Coordinators, Customs Import Specialists and Trade Specialists
- Creating work schedules that ensure adequate coverage across the team
- Working closely with the US Trainer to identify training needs and execute training plans
- Assisting the team with yearly action planning and goal setting and encouraging successful completion
- Facilitating daily team huddles
- Collaborating with other managers and departments to resolve issues, streamline processes and identify and plan for training as well as staffing needs
- Ensuring all import and export transactions are processed timely and in compliance with CBP and PGA regulations and requirements
- Communicating with CBP, clients, freight forwarders and other government agencies to provide requested information and/or resolve shipment issues and holds timely
- Working with clients to resolve problems/issues, answer questions and provide day-to-day client care
- Is detail oriented and logical with the ability to make objective business decisions and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
- Has excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Has strong teambuilding skills
- Has exceptional client service skills
- Can self-motivate and work independently
- Has strong, friendly, upbeat verbal and written communication skills
- Can proactively recognize problems and work to resolve them
- Has advanced knowledge of US Customs rules and regulations
- Has advanced knowledge of Invoice (entry) requirements
- Has advanced knowledge of PGA requirements and data elements required for entry
- Has advanced knowledge of tariff classification, GRI’s, GN’s and explanatory notes
- Is experienced with customs brokerage software
- Is proficient in Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Has a tolerance to adversity and the capability to handle stress in a positive manner
- Has the ability to productively work within tight deadlines
- Has experience successfully navigating different client nuances and SOP’s
- Has experience with export filing requirements
- We appreciate the interest shown by all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Should this excellent opportunity interest you, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume for consideration, click on the button below!