POSITION: Director of Canadian Operations
REPORTS TO: Vice President
BUSINESS UNIT: GHY International
LOCATION: Winnipeg, Head Office
GHY International has an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join our Senior Management team as Director of Canadian Operations. Reporting to the Vice President of Canadian Operations, this position is responsible to provide overall direction and guidance to all operational teams. They will be responsible set expectations, manage performance and facilitate a collaborative team environment.
We are a customs and trade services group designed to assist importers and exporters to successfully navigate the world markets. Founded in 1901, GHY is one of Canada’s oldest brokerage companies, with our head office in Winnipeg, Manitoba we also have offices in Toronto, Ontario; Emerson, Manitoba; Calgary, Alberta; Vancouver, British Columbia; Pembina, North Dakota; Columbia, South Carolina and Lynden, Washington.
We are proud to be recognized as a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. Our structure is designed around providing sustainable corporate growth, strong client service, and opportunity to our associates. One of the most predominant aspects of our company culture is CARE. It is ingrained in all we do; relationships matter to us.
- Recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best-Managed Companies
- Work-Life Balance – We mean it: banked time program, paid volunteer days, social committee, cultural surveys, potlucks.
- Fair Compensation – With scheduled salary assessments, salary scales, 401k program, and Profit Sharing/Bonuses.
- Excellent Benefits – Subsidized health, dental, short and long-term disability, AD&D, HCSA, EAP and critical illness.
- Professional Development – Employee development, internal university, external training, leadership development, internal applicant preference, career planning & advancement.
- 20 years of progressive brokerage and management experience is preferred
- Sitting at a desk, 60%
- Standing at counter/machine, 10%
- Walking, 10%
- Travel (domestic & international), 20%
GHY is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, and collaborating with applicants, employees, clients and guests to identify and effectively remove barriers, in a manner that respects the principles of independence, dignity, integration, reasonable accommodation and equal opportunity. We welcome and encourage applications from all persons.
Individuals applying for employment with GHY may request accommodations at all stages of recruitment and employment from our Human Resources team. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We appreciate all interest shown however only those considered will be contacted for an interview.