POSITION: Import Specialist Trainee, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
LOCATION: Winnipeg, MB (Head Office)
START DATE: TBD – Building an applicant pool
…Looking to begin or start a new career in a dynamic fast paced environment?
…Keen to continually learn and develop skills?
…Wanting to join a 120 year well established secure company?
…Motivated to join a ‘family’ based culture?
…Eager to learn about the Customs Brokerage Industry?
The goal of the program is to develop talented individuals into GHY’s future leaders. The individuals brought aboard will work at a full-time capacity through a 3-month detailed training program. Throughout the training program the individuals will rotate working with different operations teams in our Winnipeg office location. The individuals will learn and develop Customs Brokerage skills and at the end of the training program be placed into a Team that best suits the individual skillset.
All Import Specialist Trainees will be supported by our designated Corporate Trainer.
Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Professional oral and written communication
- Strong internal communication skills
- Read/write and understand detailed forms, memos or letters
- Problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic
- Work prioritization skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to manage heavy workloads
- Basic mental mathematics
- Keyboarding – 45+ WPM
- Understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with ITMR4 would be an asset
- Wage dependent upon experience.