POSITION: Ocean/Air Team Coordinator
HOURS OF WORK: Primary Work Hours will be between 7:00am-6:00pm CST (based on needs of clients and associates) – TBD before commencement of the position; 40 hrs per week; Position does require occasional support to associates and clients for after-hours moment of truth issues. Two Stat Holidays will be required to be worked annually. Participation in the after hours on-call rotation may be required.
LOCATION: Based out of Pembina, ND (lives in MN or ND) or Columbia, SC office (lives in SC or NC)
START DATE: ASAP
GHY USA, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for the role of an Air/Ocean Coordinator. GHY International is a customs and trade services group designed to assist importers and exporters in trading throughout the world markets. Founded in 1901, GHY is one of Canada’s oldest brokerage companies and has offices in Toronto, Emerson, Winnipeg, Calgary, Vancouver, North Dakota, and South Carolina. GHY’s structure is designed around providing sustainable corporate growth, strong client service, and opportunity to GHY associates. One of the most predominant aspects of our company culture is CARE. It is ingrained in all we do; relationships matter to us.
Reporting to the Client Care Manager, the US Air/Ocean Coordinator is the individual responsible for leading the day-to-day activities of the air/ocean shipments for the team. This individual also serves as a liaison with customers, freight forwarders, customs and PGA’s for shipments that have issues or are on hold.
- First point of contact for Customs Import Specialists (CIS) questions
- Monitoring air/ocean electronic workflows in ITS and advise Client Care Manager of any issues or concerns
- Ensure all air/ocean release shipments received are processed timely
- Ensure all ISF are processed timely
- Monitoring Customs Import Specialists (CIS) personal production and ensuring they are functioning to full potential, prompting as needed
- Monitoring Intake to ensure all e-mails are being responded to timely and professionally
- Troubleshooting problems with entries
- Resolving shipments on hold
- Communication with CBP, Customers, Freight Forwarders and Other Agents to request information or resolve shipment issues
- Investigating service/performance failures and working with the Client Care Manager to put measures in place to prevent going forward
- Arranging payment to carriers/warehouses
- Providing tariff assistance to team
- Full understanding of EDI Solutions to be able to troubleshoot when shipments have issues loading into the system
- Motivating the team
- Working with the Client Care Manager to develop monthly work schedules
- Working with Client Care Manager in realigning associates to cover occurrences such as illness, un-projected volumes, or intricate shipments
- Providing support outside of regular working hours to support associates/clients
- Assistance in data entry, as needed
- Other duties, as required
- Ability to represent GHY and be the voice of the company while interacting with clients & colleagues in a professional collaborative manner.
- Ability to triage and prioritize large volumes of work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to make moment of truth decisions to limit liability to GHY and our clients
- Ability to spot problems and work pro-actively to resolve them
- Extensive knowledge of client nuances and SOP’s
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Strong, friendly, upbeat verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of HS Systems and Customs rules and regulations
- To recognize PGA’s and impacts of PGA’s at time of release
- Experience with Customs brokerage software
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Tolerance to adversity and the capability to handle stress in a positive manner
- Strong team building skills
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Certified Customs Specialist (CCS) Designation (Preferred)
- 5+ years of related experience
- We appreciate the interest shown by all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Should this excellent opportunity interest you, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume for consideration, click on the button below!