Position: Talent Coordinator – Canada
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Start Date: ASAP
GHY has an exciting new opportunity at their Winnipeg, MB Head Office location.
This position will be responsible for Human Resources functions as assigned for both Canada and USA geographic locations. As such, this position works with all levels of employees to promote a harmonious working environment ensuring all associates are treated fairly and equally.
About the type of person – who fits.
You are a person who has a servant’s heart and takes pride in the customer experience no matter what project or task you are working on. You are humble, this means you can swerve into action and put others ahead of yourself.
You are smart enough to “get it” and are unafraid to make decisions that can make a difference in the day to day of the office culture and people’s needs. You gravitate to opportunities to learn, and you strive to make things better than they are.
You love collaborating and working with a wide range of people, no matter what age or ethnicity. You are comfortable juggling many priorities and tasks at once, this is fun for you and not stressful. You can switch gears between caring and empathetic to being humorous and fun.
- Recruitment & Selection
- Tracking, updating, and monitoring current recruitment needs
- Creating and posting job opportunities internally and externally
- Conducting pre-screening
- Conducting reference checks
- Booking and leading interviews with candidates
- Makes suggestions on hiring in conjunction with appropriate line manager
- Conduct new hire orientation
- Employee file management and keeping
- Letters of employment
- Making updates HR Policies
- Meeting minutes
- Training and Development
- Helping administer and manage in-house training program and evolve it to keep current with business needs
- Assist with conducting in-house training courses
- Communicate and coordinate trainings
- Create workshops, learning assessment tools, and other training programs
- Keep up to date on organizational learning and development trends
- Employee Relations
- Assist in the annual performance reviews
- Assist managers in conflict resolution or respect in the workplace investigations
- Help with development of associate recognition and rewards programs
- Compensation and Benefits
- Participate in the administration of the classification and compensation plan
- Research and establish job specifications and salary ranges for positions and reclassifications
- Health and Safety
- Participates in the Health and Safety team
- Administers WCB claims
- Operational Focus
- Ensure policies are annually reviewed and are up to date with company requirements
- Maintain and administer company engagement programs
- Support Managers and leaders on payroll matters, annual performance review, time off inquiries
- Other duties as required
- Completion of Grade 12 Education
- Completion of a post-secondary education, preferably with an HR specialization
- Completion of or working towards a CHRP or equivalent HR designation would be an asset
- Exceptional oral and written communication
- A basic understanding of USA employment laws and standards
- Act with integrity when dealing with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Deliver a high level of customer service in a friendly and diligent manner
- Ability to make decisions with the best interest of the impacted in mind
- Must be able to critically think
- Ability to move from one task to another and prioritize work assignments
- Fine attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to self motivate and work independently
- Must have strong team building skills
- Proficiency with Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- 2-5 years of related experience
- Commensurate with education and experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Should this excellent opportunity interest you, please submit a Cover Letter and Resume for consideration by June 15, 2022, click on the button below!