LOCATION: Based out of Pembina, ND (lives in MN or ND) or Columbia, SC office (lives in SC or NC) – hybrid work option of office/some remote work from home can be discussed
HOURS OF WORK: Regular Work Hours – Monday-Friday – work hours will be between approximately 7:00am- 6:00 pm CST (40 hrs per week) – schedule to be determined upon commencement of the position; position may require occasional support to associates and clients for after-hours moment of truth issues. One Stat Holiday will be required to be worked annually. Participation in the after-hours on-call rotation is required (generally 4 days of coverage is assigned every 20 weeks).
START DATE: ASAP
GHY USA, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for the role of a Trade Specialist to work in support of our Automotive & Aerospace Accounts in our Client Care Team. GHY International is an international customs and trade services group designed to assist importers and exporters to buy and sell in world markets. Founded in 1901, GHY is one of Canada’s oldest brokerage companies and has international offices in Toronto, Emerson, Winnipeg, Calgary, Vancouver, North Dakota, North Carolina and South Carolina. GHY’s structure is designed around providing sustainable corporate growth, strong client service, and opportunity to GHY associates. One of the most predominant aspects of our company culture is CARE. It is ingrained in all we do; relationships matter to us.
Reporting to the Customer Care Manager, the individual in this position is responsible for the transactional audit of released shipment(s), the creation of new parts and database maintenance. This position works in conjunction with a Client Relations Representative (CRR) in supporting the needs to the customer.
Audit of transactional shipments
- Regular communication with customers in pursuit of information
- CBP Docs required preparation
- Generating/sending client duty reports
- Sending correction of errors determined in audit to entry writer(s) for correction
- Document pursuit for free trade savings potential
- Tariff requests
- New parts creation
- Maintaining Databases
- Loading documents to DIS & ITACS
- Monitoring PGA shipments on hold, if applicable
- TPL & Permit applications, if applicable
- Executing accurate customs entries in brokerage system.
- Other duties, as required
Ability to represent GHY and be the voice of the company while interacting with clients & colleagues in a professional collaborative manner.
- Detailed oriented and logical individual with the ability to make objective business decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced knowledge of HTS and US Customs rules and regulations
- Understanding of tariff classification, GRI’s and explanatory notes
- Strong, friendly, upbeat verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Recognize PGA’s and impacts of PGA’s at time of entry
- Experience with Customs Brokerage Software
- Understanding of Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Ability to pro-actively recognize problems and work to resolve them
- Acute attention to detail
US Certified Customs Specialist (CCS)
- US Licensed Customs Broker (LCB) required
- 5+ years of customs brokerage experience
- Wage dependent upon experience.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
What’s it like working for Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies?
Work Life Balance – We CARE (Clients are our focus, Associates matter, Relentlessly serving traders, Excellence and innovation in all we do). Giveback committee, Social committee, Cultural Ambassadors.
Compensation – We pay fairly: scheduled salary assessments, salary scales.
Excellent Benefits – Subsidized health, dental, short and long term disability, life & AD&D.
Employee Retention – Employee development, internal university, external training, leadership development, internal applicant preference, career planning & advancement.