LOCATION: Based out of Pembina, ND (lives in MN or ND) or Columbia, SC offices (lives in SC or NC) – hybrid work option of office/some remote work from home can be discussed.
HOURS OF WORK: Regular Work Hours – Monday-Friday – work hours will be between approximately 8:00 am-5:00 pm CST (40 hrs per week). One Stat Holidays will be required to be worked annually. Participation in the afterhours on-call rotation is required (generally 4 days of coverage is assigned every 20 weeks).
START DATE: ASAP
GHY USA, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for the role of a US Trainer in the US Operations. GHY International is an international customs and trade services group designed to assist importers and exporters to buy and sell in world markets. Founded in 1901, GHY is one of Canada’s oldest brokerage companies and has international offices in Toronto, Emerson, Winnipeg, Calgary, Vancouver, North Dakota, and South Carolina. GHY’s structure is designed around providing sustainable corporate growth, strong client service, and opportunity to GHY associates. One of the most predominant aspects of our company culture is CARE. It is ingrained in all we do; relationships matter to us.
This position will be primarily responsible for the training of all new associates within GHY USA & ongoing training of current associates as needed. This position will also assist with content and training for the GHY University Internal Training Program. This position reports to the US Operations Manager.
- Develop and conduct onboarding trainee program for all new associates
- Develop training materials for all training programs
- Monitor employee performance and response to training, communicating progress with respective manager
- Maintaining accurate training records for individual performance appraisal
- Obtain feedback from employees regarding effectiveness of training methods and suggestions for additional training programs
- Develop skills assessment process for various roles to accommodate hiring and training requirements
- Develop training materials & conduct training when new CBP, PGA & software systems/processes are being implemented
- Liaise with managers to determine training needs and schedule training sessions
- Assist in development and coordination of associate development programs through learning development software
- Maintenance of Corporate Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Communicate regularly with US Operations Manager
- Participate in Client Services Team weekly team meetings
- Participate in Production Team huddles daily
- Participate in Weekly Software calls with ITS
- Assist in coverage for Customs Import Specialist (Air/Ocean & Truck/Rail) to keep current on processes and identify training opportunities, as needed
- Assist in audit and database work with Trade Specialists to keep current on processes and identify training opportunities, as needed
- Assist in development of content and training materials for External Global Trade Services seminars, workshops, and webinars, as needed
- Assist in development of content and training materials for GHY University Internal Training Program, as needed
- Other duties, as required
- Ability to identify learning style of each trainee
- Ability to adapt training to accommodate the learning style of each trainee
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with Customs Brokerage Software
- Proficiency of Customs rules and regulations
- Recognize PGA’s and impacts of PGA’s at time of release
- Knowledge of FTA’s
- Knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Exceptional client service skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong, friendly, upbeat verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- 5+ years of related industry experience
- US Certified Customs Specialist (CCS) required
- Wage dependent upon experience
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
What’s it like working for Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies?
Work Life Balance – We CARE (Clients are our focus, Associates matter, Relentlessly serving traders, Excellence and innovation in all we do). Giveback committee, Social committee, Cultural Ambassadors.
Compensation – We pay fairly: scheduled salary assessments, bonus program.
Excellent Benefits – Subsidized health, dental, short and long term disability, life & AD&D.
Employee Retention – Employee development, internal university, external training, leadership development, internal applicant preference, career planning & advancement.