LOCATION: Based out of Pembina, ND
HOURS OF WORK: Regular Work Hours – Monday-Friday – work hours will be between 7:00am – 5:00pm CST (40 hrs. per week). One Stat Holiday will be required to be worked annually.
START DATE: ASAP
GHY USA, Inc. has an opportunity for the role of an Administrative Specialist in the US Operations. GHY International is an international customs and trade services group designed to assist importers and exporters to buy and sell in world markets. Founded in 1901, GHY is one of Canada’s oldest brokerage companies and has international offices in Toronto, Emerson, Winnipeg, Calgary, Vancouver, North Dakota, North Carolina and South Carolina. GHY’s structure is designed around providing sustainable corporate growth, strong client service, and opportunity to GHY associates. One of the most predominant aspects of our company culture is CARE. It is ingrained in all we do; relationships matter to us.
This position will be responsible for daily reports & statements; handling continuous bond requests and monthly bond billing; daily, weekly, and monthly warehouse billing; HR administrative tasks and administrative office needs.
Running daily reports from brokerage system
- Balancing duty reports and scheduling electronic payments of daily statements
- Researching unresolved entries in brokerage system
- Handling electronic messages in brokerage system
- Preparing billing packages for Accounting Department
- Processing continuous bonds & coordinating bond renewals and billings
- Warehouse Billing Clerk
- Human Resources Assistant
- Report payroll adjustments to payroll clerk
- Approve monthly benefit billings and updating records
- Maintaining associate records in benefit systems
- Preparing new hire packages
- Other HR administrative duties, as requested
- Office & Warehouse Supply Orders
- Office administrative duties
- Executing accurate customs entries in brokerage system
- Other duties, as required
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Strong, friendly, upbeat verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with customs brokerage software
- Understanding of Outlook, Word, Excel, and SharePoint
- Completion of Grade 12 Education
- 1+ years of customs brokerage experience or industry related experience would be an asset
- Human Resources experience would be an asset
- Wage dependent upon experience.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
What’s it like working for Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies?
Work Life Balance – We CARE (Clients are our focus, Associates matter, Relentlessly serving traders, Excellence and innovation in all we do). Giveback committee, Social committee, Cultural Ambassadors.
Compensation – We pay fairly: scheduled salary assessments, bonus program.
Excellent Benefits – Subsidized health, dental, short and long term disability, life & AD&D.
Employee Retention – Employee development, internal university, external training, leadership development, internal applicant preference, career planning & advancement.