LOCATION: Based out of Pembina, ND (lives in MN or ND) or Columbia, SC office (lives in SC or NC)
HOURS OF WORK: Work hours will normally be between approximately 8:30am-5:00 pm CST (based on needs of associates and customers); 40 hrs per week. Two Stat Holidays will be required to be worked annually. On-Call to support moment of truth needs of associates, carriers and customers. Participation in the after-hours on-call rotation is required (generally 4 days of coverage is assigned every 20 weeks)
START DATE: ASAP
GHY USA, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for the role of a Release Manager in the US Operations. GHY International is an international customs and trade services group designed to assist importers and exporters to buy and sell in world markets. Founded in 1901, GHY is one of Canada’s oldest brokerage companies and has international offices in Toronto, Emerson, Winnipeg, Calgary, Vancouver, North Dakota, North Carolina, and South Carolina. GHY’s structure is designed around providing sustainable corporate growth, strong client service, and opportunity to GHY associates. One of the most predominant aspects of our company culture is CARE. It is ingrained in all we do; relationships matter to us.
This position will be responsible to oversee the day-today production of release activities for all modes of transport. This position will report to the US Operations Manager.
- Oversee Truck/Rail & Air/Ocean Coordinators and Customs Import Specialists
- Ensure all release transactions received are processed timely and in compliance with CBP regulations
- Communication with CBP, Customers, Freight Forwarders and Other Agents to request
- information or resolve shipment issues
- Ensuring held shipments are resolved timely
- Facilitating daily Release Team huddles
- Executing accurate customs entries in brokerage system for all modes of transportation, as needed across any shift
- After-hours availability as needed; On-call to support needs of associates, carriers & customers
- Monitoring monthly production & error reports and communicate to the Operations Manager
- Scheduling and vacation approvals
- Training assessments, including meeting with the US Trainer monthly to plan training
- Conducting associate performance action planning and goal setting
- Provide tariff assistance to the team
- Coaching, mentoring, and motivating the team
- Coordinate with the Client Care team to resolve client issues or concerns
- Weekly participation in the Client Care huddle
- Full understanding of EDI Solutions
- Coordinate with the Innovation Specialist on issues with existing EDI solutions or potential new solutions
- Oversight of unresolved entries, cancellations, voluntary entries, and manifest discrepancies
- Oversight of Correction Dashboard, ensuring all are processed timely
- Creating efficiencies
- Travel to Pembina, ND/Columbia, SC (office not physically located at) for release team development, training, and team-building minimum two times per year
- Other duties, as required
10+ years of related experience
- US Certified Customs Specialist (CCS) Designation
- US Customs Broker License (LCB) preferred
- Wage dependent upon experience.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
What’s it like working for Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies?
Work Life Balance – We CARE (Clients are our focus, Associates matter, Relentlessly serving traders, Excellence and innovation in all we do). Giveback committee, Social committee, Cultural Ambassadors.
Compensation – We pay fairly: scheduled salary assessments, bonus program.
Excellent Benefits – Subsidized health, dental, short and long term disability, life & AD&D.
Employee Retention – Employee development, internal university, external training, leadership development, internal applicant preference, career planning & advancement.