GHY USA Inc. has a unique opportunity to work in an environment of continuous improvement in our warehouse. GHY USA is an excellent company with a long history and superb reputation in the customs brokerage industry.
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, this role is focused on the day to day operations of the warehouse. One of the most predominant aspects of our company culture is CARE. It is ingrained in all we do; relationships matter to us.
Preparation and execution of physical inventory
- Data entry for material receipts, shipments, and transfers
- Helps to maintain physical condition of warehouse, ensures that the warehouse area is maintained in a clean and orderly fashion, accessible and safe for sales personnel, other employees and client traffic
- Operation of warehouse equipment, such as a forklift, scissor lift, pallet jack, etc., as needed for receiving, shipping, etc., as well as maintenance and preventative maintenance programs for warehouse equipment
- Perform other functions and responsibilities as assigned
- Pursue personal development opportunities
Ability to remain cool, calm, collected and organized, even in times of high volume
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Effective communication skills
- Active and creative problem solver; someone who is a self-starter and rolls with the punches
- Must be able to learn new programs and system functions quickly
- Must have computer skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite – Outlook, Excel and Nitro PDF
- Completion of Grade 12 Education
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
How to Apply:
- If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
What’s it like working for Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies?
Work Life Balance – We CARE (Clients are our focus, Associates matter, Relentlessly serving traders, Excellence and innovation in all we do). Giveback committee, Social committee, Cultural Ambassadors.
Compensation – We pay fairly: scheduled salary assessments, salary scales.
Excellent Benefits – Subsidized health, dental, short and long term disability, life & AD&D.
Employee Retention – Employee development, internal university, external training, leadership development, internal applicant preference, career planning & advancement.