Instructions for signing up for an ACE portal account. It can be done entirely on-line and should only take a few minutes.
ACE PORTAL INSTRUCTIONS
Following are the instructions for signing up for an ACE portal account. It can be done entirely on-line and should only take a few minutes. The application can be found here: ACE Trade Portal Application
You will be taken to an interactive form which you will submit to Customs via e-mail at the very end.
Some tips to help you fill out the form:
In Section A, fill out the Account Information with the necessary company officer and other company information.
- Under Section A, 1a. Importer, select “P” for Primary and fill in the appropriate Importer of Record #(s). That’s all you’ll need to do in this section.
- Under Section B, Part 2. Legal Entity, fill in the information with your company name, date of application and company address information. Do not do anything with Part 1 of Sec. B.
- Under Section C, Point of Contact, fill in the name and information of the person you would like to be the point of contact. This is usually the person that will be most active utilizing the account. You are allowed to designate a proxy as the point of contact.
- Under Section D, Authorization and Acknowledgement, fill in the company officer indicated from Section A, date, and the name of the point of contact (from Sec. C) and date on the second line. Select the electronic signature boxes for both.
- When you click the Submit by E-mail button, add your company name to the subject line of the e-mail.
The turn-around time should only be a couple of days before the point of contact receives an e-mail with instructions to obtain a log-in ID and initial password. If there was an error with the application, the contact person will receive an e-mail indicating a problem.