Importing a Vehicle (CA)
Compliant Reporting Solutions for Electronic Export Information (EEI)
Automated Export System (AES) Services
Electronic Export Information (EEI) is acquired and compiled by the government for official export statistics as well as export control to ensure that specific goods aren't being shipped to undesirable countries, organizations or individuals.
In an effort to modernize the procedure, the entire export compliance process is being transitioned to an electronic format that goes into full effect September 30, 2008. After that date, paper submissions will not be accepted and will be subject to penalties and fines. Fortunately, SmartBorder is, once again, one step ahead of the curve with our Export Filer application.
Designed and built utilizing the same cutting edge innovations that power our industry leading ABI and ACE solutions, you can trust it to increase your productivity while lowering your costs.
SmartBorder AES Features
- SaaS-based, meaning you access the most current, up-to-date software every time via the internet - with no incremental IT resources or hardware required
- Intuitive and easy to use with customizable screens and fields
- Accesses AES securely and quickly through our dedicated MQ Series fiber-optic line
- Permanently stores all transaction records and properties
- Reduces redundant keying by automatically populating frequently used fields
- Ad hoc and customizable reports
- Data validation functionality ensures accurate data in every submission
- Backed with the same world-class training and support that has earned us a 99% client retention rate
New Requirements for Importing a Self-Propelled Vehicle from the USA to Canada
Effective Oct 2nd, 2014 most cars, trucks, tractors, buses, construction or agricultural equipment, etc. will require 72 hour advance electronic notice filed with United States CBP using AES
Cost is approximately $65.00 CAD per vehicle for importers.
Questions on the process should be directed to your account manager