Importer Security Filing
ISF (aka '10+2') Regulatory Reporting to US CBP
SmartBorder ISF is a web-based application built on state-of-the-art technologies for maximum speed, reliability and ease of use. Certified and approved by U.S. Customs (CBP), SmartBorder can help you efficiently and cost-effectively comply with the new ISF ‘10+2’ initiative.
An Introduction to ISF ‘10+2’
As part of the ongoing efforts by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to improve security and transparency, importers and carriers bringing cargo into the U.S. on maritime vessels are now required to provide additional data to CBP – this amounts to two additional data sets for carriers and ten additional data sets for importers.
The new importer transmission, called the Importer Security Filing (ISF), is separate from the carrier's manifest and the broker's entry. The importer is now responsible to contact CBP 24 hours prior to the vessel being loaded with the required ISF data elements before the vessel is loaded at port of origin.
SmartBorder ISF features include:
- Built on state-of-the-art Microsoft.net technologies for maximum speed, reliability and ease of use.
- Integration with profiles (profiles, transaction parties, product lists)
- Integration with the entry drops fields into the entry from ISF
- Portal customization allows for streamlined procedures
- Data validations to prevent rejects and transmission errors
- One screen Importer Security Filing with quick views (last 25, 50 ISF’s, etc)
- Comprehensive reporting for compliance verification
- Full B2B EDI capabilities including export data for tracking & scheduled events
- Secure address exchange & multi-level passwords/user permissions