U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has announced that it will be offering a series of webinars next month covering the business requirements and technical programming specifications for Reconciliation, Drawback, Liquidation, and Protests in the new Automated Commercial Environment (ACE).
The webinars will be divided into two components: those dealing with technical aspects of ACE aimed primarily towards software developers and those focused on various business requirements designed to address the concerns of trade filers and brokers.
If you are interested in participating in the webinars, you must register by following the appropriate link(s) provided below.
Post-Release Software Developer Technical Webinars:
- Reconciliation Technical Webinar: Thursday, August 4 @ 2:00 pm
- Drawback Technical Webinar: Tuesday, August 9 @ 2:30 pm
- Liquidation Technical Webinar: Tuesday, August 16 @ 2:00 pm
Post-Release Business Webinars:
- Protest Business Webinar: Thursday, August 4 @ 12:30 pm
- Drawback Business Webinar: Thursday, August 11 @ 12:30 pm
- Reconciliation Business Webinar: Friday, August 12 @ 12:30 pm
- Liquidation Business Webinar: Wednesday, August 17 @ 12:30 pm
If you have any questions concerning these webinars please contact Christopher Mabelitini at email@example.com.
It should be noted that as of Aug. 29 the ACE Protest Module will be the sole authorized electronic data interchange system for filing electronic protests. Accordingly, filers who intend to submit a protest electronically must use this method and as of the aforementioned date the CBP will no longer accept protests filed through the Automated Broker Interface to the Automated Commercial System.