The Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) system transition final deadline is fast approaching.
As of June 15, 2016, ACE will be the ONLY way to submit all documents - electronic entry and entry summary filings - for all imports. The new ACE system will streamline (no longer be manual) the importer filing process for all imports coming into the U.S.
WHO DOES THE NEW ACE SYSTEM AFFECT?
- Customs Brokers
- Software Providers
DATA FROM THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES MUST ALSO BE FILED ELECTRONICALLY INTO THE NEW SYSTEM:
- Food and Drug Administration
- Animal Plant Health Inspection Service (Lacey Act)
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
WHAT TO KNOW AS AN IMPORTER
- Be aware of all data requiring identification for the realignment of your supply chain as part of the ACE transition
- Know where and by whom the data will be maintained
- Know how that data for the new ACE system will become available in a timely manner
- Know who will be responsible to complete all data entry, in addition to being accountable for the transition and timeliness in filings
HOW TO SIGN UP WITH ACE
Your company may create an ACE account by going to https://www.cbp.gov/trade/automated/getting-started/using-ace-secure-data-portal. The ACE portal will give you access to your information how customs sees it and you will know any activity under your importer number.
Please refer to the ACE Information Sheet - FDA Intended Use
Data forms to submit to us regarding FDA - regulated products can be found here.
As a licensed Customs Broker, we take pride in making the customs clearance process an easy one for importers and exporters, in addition to ensuring your documents and electronic fillings are entered into this new ACE system on time and correctly.
Compliance is paramount, so we want to ensure you are compliant for every step of the import process, and the ACE system transition. Call us at 1-888-825-0002, or email us at email@example.com for assistence.