CFIA will be hosting a series of face to face meetings across Canada through February and March (locations and dates below) to gather stakeholder input on changes to food labelling requirements. Whether “best before dates” or “lists of ingredients” should be changed on food labels for products sold in Canada are two of the key questions on which CFIA will be seeking input.
Dates of CFIA Face to Face Meetings:
- Halifax – Tuesday, February 24 (Registration deadline: February 19)
- Ottawa – Thursday, February 26 (Registration deadline: February 19)
- Toronto – Tuesday, March 3 (Registration deadline: February 24)
- Montréal – Thursday, March 5 (Registration deadline: February 26)
- Vancouver – Tuesday, March 10 (Registration deadline: March 3)
Each session will run from 12:30 to 5:00 in the afternoon. Those interested in attending one of these sessions are asked to register beforehand with CFIA.