To encourage as much feedback as possible, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) has extended the comment period for the following consultations related to food safety modernization:
- A New Regulatory Framework for Federal Food Inspection: Overview of Proposed Regulations
- Use of Private Certification to Inform Regulatory Risk-Based Oversight
- Incorporation by Reference
- Foreign Food Safety Systems Recognition: Proposed Framework
- The Draft Integrated Agency Inspection Model
The new deadline is August 29, 2014.
Information on how to submit comments for each consultation is available at the above links.