Drawback Transition to CBP Centers of Excellence & Expertise
Trade Update • July 27, 2021
U.S. Customs and Border Protection has advised that effective August 15, 2021, the drawback program and Drawback Specialists have been transitioned from designated Ports of Entry (Chicago, Houston, New York/Newark, and San Francisco) to the Centers of Excellence and Expertise.
The four drawback offices will now be managed out of five CEEs, with each responsible for two industries as follows:
- Detroit: Automotive & Aerospace; Electronics
- Chicago: Base Metals; Industrial & Manufacturing Materials
- Houston: Petroleum, Natural Gas & Minerals; Machinery
- New York: Pharmaceuticals, Health & Chemicals; Agriculture & Prepared Products
- San Francisco: Apparel, Footwear & Textiles; Consumer Products & Mass Merchandising
CBP indicates that the New York office staff will be managed by the Pharmaceuticals, Health & Chemicals Center and the Automotive & Aerospace Center.
Note: There are no changes to the processing of claims, transmission of claims, and submission of ruling and privilege application requests.
The Drawback supervisor contact information will be made available on the CEE directory.
Questions concerning the transition should be directed to CEE@cbp.dhs.gov.