For those compliance professionals who have seen their companies’ activities expand into exporting/re-exporting and/or for those who would like to gain a better understanding of U.S. export laws and regulations, this intensive one-day seminar will provide the necessary foundation.
- Overview of the U.S. export regime (e.g., Export Administration Regulations, International Traffic in Arms Regulations and Foreign Assets Control Regulations)
- Commodity jurisdiction determinations (internal and formal)
- Principles of export classification (e.g., under the EAR, ITAR and Schedule B classifications) and best practices
- Deemed export rule (EAR) and technical data transfer requirements (ITAR)
- Export screening
- Automated Export System requirements
- Special export compliance challenges
- Establishing an effective export compliance program
- Consequences of non-compliance
- Introduction and Update on the Export Control Reform
Note: As part of this seminar, attendees are asked to please bring a laptop with them.
Speaker: Erin Clark serves as an Export Compliance Senior Manager for Sandler & Travis Trade Advisory Services, Inc., and is based in San Diego.
Date: Wednesday | March 12, 2014
Time: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM (Continental Breakfast and Lunch Provided)
Location: Sandler & Travis Trade Advisory Services - Detroit
36555 Corporate Drive, Suite 400 | Farmington Hills, MI 48331
Cost: $370 US