The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has announced the upcoming meeting of the Commercial Operations Advisory Committee (COAC) will be held in San Francisco on February 11, 2015. The meeting will be open to the public and will also be accessible via a live web cast.
The COAC advises the Secretary of Homeland Security, the Secretary of the Treasury, and the Commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) on the commercial operations of CBP and other related Department functions.
According to a Federal Register notice, the COAC meeting will include the following topics:
- The Exports Subcommittee: Review and discuss the status of the Air Manifest sub-work group and the findings of the Commodity Licensing sub-work group
- The One U.S. Government at the Border Subcommittee: Review findings and present recommendations of the Process and Messaging Working Group. Update to COAC on the Status of U.S. Government Hold Authority. Subcommittee Closeout Report and update on status of 13th Term recommendations.
- The Trade Enforcement and Revenue Collection Subcommittee: Update and present recommendation of the Intellectual Property Rights Voluntary Disclosure working group, present recommendations of the Anti-Dumping/Countervailing Duty Working Group, and report on the Bonds Working Group’s discussions on e-bonds.
- The Trusted Trader Subcommittee: Update and discuss the Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism Exporter Entity and the Trusted Trader Program pilot.
- The Trade Modernization Subcommittee: Updates and discussion on Automated Commercial Environment (ACE), Centers of Excellence and Expertise, and Role of the Customs Broker activities
- The Global Supply Chain Subcommittee: Updates and discussion regarding the Beyond the Border activities with Canada and 21st Century activities with Mexico.
Meeting participants may attend either in person or via webinar after pre-registering prior to February 6, 2015.