The U.S. International Trade Commission has issued Revision 5 to the 2020 Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (HTSUS).
This latest revision implements recent changes to the administration’s Section 301 tariffs on the European Union in connection with the ongoing aircaft subsidy dispute at the World Trade Organization.
- New subheading 9903.89.52 was added for newly tariffed knives from the United Kingdom and Germany.
- Subheading 9903.89.05 was to be amended to increase the tariff on new airplanes from France, Germany, Spain and the UK from 10% to 15%, but the change was not actually made in the tariff schedule.
- Notes 21(a), (g) and (q) are amended to reflect the changes, including the removal of a classification for blended scotch and Irish whiskies that carried no additional duty.
Both these changes took effect March 5, 2020.
- In Revision 5, the ITC also implemented a recent round of exclusions from Section 301 tariffs on products from China.
- A new paragraph was added to chapter 99, subchapter III at U.S. Note 20(y)(112) for electric skateboards now excluded from the second list of tariffs.
- A technical correction has also been made to the existing exclusion for silicon at U.S. Note 20(y)(2).
Need More Information?
If you have any questions about these latest changes to the U.S. Tariff Schedule, don’t hesitate to contact one of our trade experts today.