Are you an employee of a Canadian manufacturer or company that exports or imports machinery, equipment and software to U.S. customers or abroad? Are you responsible for sales and service, or purchase and procurement of these products?
This joint webinar hosted by GHY International and MLT Aikins centers around what Canadian manufacturers and companies need to know regarding importing and exporting products and regarding the people accompanying the products.
ON THE AGENDA
People Learning Objectives:
- Immigration solutions for employees who need to work across borders to service commercial or industrial equipment
- How to deal with COVID-19 rules that affect the entry of persons into the U.S. and Canada
- Structuring contracts for purchase and sale: how a purchase contract can make it easier (or more difficult) to move personnel across borders
- What happens when things go wrong? e.g. appeals or lawsuits
Product Learning Objectives:
- USMCA changes and impacts observed after first 45 days
- Challenges and opportunities unique to the manufacturing sector and highlighting temporary imports (including case study examples)
- Understanding and minimizing potential liabilities before, during and after border crossings
- Webinar: Thursday, August 20, 2020
- Time: 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. MT | 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. CST
- Cost: FREE
- Registration Closes: August 19, 2020