Many importers, even those with years of experience, do not fully appreciate the importance of properly handling the day-to-day procedural matters that arise when managing an import operation. This comprehensive webinar focuses on the most frequently encountered issues facing importers and offers practical information on how to protect your company’s interests. Our webinar provides importers with a valuable overview of pertinent topics.
- The role and responsibilities of the customs broker
- Surety bonds – what they are and what they mean for the importer
- The importance of proper recordkeeping
- Liquidation notices, requests for information, rejection notices and other Customs communications
- In-bond shipments
- Conditional release of merchandise and redelivery notices
- Changes to entries—SILs, PEAs, and prior disclosures
- Protests and correction of clerical errors
- Customs enforcement actions: penalties, detentions and seizures
Beth Ring is a Senior Member of Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A.. Her practice focuses on U.S. customs and trade law. With more than 40 years of experience, Ms. Ring’s practice has covered the broad range of customs and trade issues for clients across diverse industries.
Date: Thursday | May 15, 2014
Time: 1:00 PM-2:30 PM EDT
Cost: $250 USD
Note: This webinar is in the process of being certified by NCBFAA Educational Institute for Certified Customs Specialist (CCS) continuing education credits.
CCS credits: 1.5