Looking to expand your business into Canada and become Non-Resident Importer (NRI) / Importer of Record or looking to understand better your role as a NRI? Have you considered the full responsibilities of becoming or being a NRI / Importer of Record?
Being the Importer of Record in another country is much more than just having your customs broker clear goods for you. There are important rules and regulations that can heavily affect your daily operation, mainly on the financial side.
Attend this webinar to understand various regulations governing import to Canada, your responsibilities and rights as a Non-Resident Importer (NRI), the benefits as NRI, what to document and how to document, how to ensure good valuation and recover GST/HST. We will discuss some examples, concepts and processes to do a complete import operation as NRI.
What will this Webinar provide?
- Non-Resident Importer (NRI) / Importer of Record responsibilities and rights
- Benefits of NRI
- Calculation of value for duty
Who will this Webinar benefit?
Companies looking to expand their business and start importing into Canada. Also, those who are already Non-Resident Importers looking to ensure that that they are compliant with Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).
- Companies or individuals transferring stock/inventory
- New business entering the market
- Global Logistics Professionals
- Global Export Professionals
- Supply Chain Departments
- Global Trade Compliance Department
- Global Import Professionals
- Shipping and Logistics Departments
- Trade Consultants/Advisors
- Companies or individuals not having a place of business, but exporting into Canada and being the Importer of Record
- Companies or individuals importing into Canada with DDP terms
Who will be presenting and when?
Please register and join Rhonda Galbraith | Manager, Global Trade Services for this 45-minute (15-minute Q&A) webinar on Wednesday, December 2, 2020 @ 11:30 am - 12:30pm CST.
How to attend?
This Webinar will be hosted and delivered online through WebinarNinja. Please register and attend through Webinar Ninja here.
Note: If you are a client of GHY's and would like us to register you or multiple people of your company, and invoice you please email email@example.com and detail the first and last name of those to be registered, and their emails.
Rhonda’s experience in Customs spans over 28 years as a Senior Officer Trade Compliance, in the Trade Operations Division with the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). She has worked as an educator to CBSA officers in Valuation, Tariff Classification, and Origin for a number of years, acquiring extensive knowledge in these areas. Rhonda is an advocate for and champions providing clients a 360 review to ensure trade compliance.