This webinar will provide attendees a broad understanding of the scope of U.S. and European export control laws and sensitize them to the requirements of these laws as well as many of the potential pitfalls for those unfamiliar with the laws. In addition, attendees will better understand the appropriate precautions that can and should be taken to avoid unintentional violations and mitigate exposure to liability.
Topics Covered Include:
- Why an understanding of export control laws is important for U.S. and EU exporters
- What are the range of products, software, and technical information covered by export control laws
- What are the responsibilities of the exporters of products, software, and technical information
- How to comply with U.S. and EU export control laws
- Potential penalties for violations
Who Should Attend:
- In-house Counsel and Outside Counsel for companies engaged in international transactions involving products or technological information
- Officers, Managers, Shipping Departments for same companies
- In particular, the persons above associated with companies involved in chemical, metals, electronics, pharmaceuticals, and energy industries
- Customs brokers and agents
Date: Tuesday | April 8th, 2014
Time: 10:00 am EST
Cost: $195 US (Receive the live webcast free of charge by entering the promotion code PRIMERUSEXPT at checkout.)
Note: CLE Credit is being offered (subject to individual State approval).
Click here for additional details and to register for this event.