(China International Import Expo)
The first China International Import Expo (CIIE or the “Expo”), an important platform to promote bilateral trade relations between China and the world, will take place from November 5 to 10 at the National Exhibition and Convention Center in Shanghai. The Expo, along with a series of related forums and activities, is poised to welcome over 3,000 firms from more than 130 countries and regions, including about 200 industrial leading companies, and attract over 150,000 domestic and foreign buyers.
Jointly hosted by the Ministry of Commerce and the Shanghai Municipal People’s Government, CIIE will feature more than 100 new products, technologies and cutting-edge solutions across a total of 270,000m2.
Under the theme of “New Era, Shared Future” and to support the country’s “Made in China 2025” program, the Expo will set up a smart and high-end equipment exhibition area to provide the world’s leading technical equipment and smart manufacturing enterprises with a platform to showcase their advanced technology and solicit cooperation agreements.
The Expo will showcase China’s status as a global manufacturing powerhouse whose output accounts for 20% of the world’s total, as well as the fact that it is one of the world’s largest equipment consumer markets. Click here to read more.
- Canadian Provincial Premier Eyes More Opportunities at CIIE (China News)
- China Offers to Lead International Free Trade (Chinese Consulate in Canada)
- China Says ‘Hard to Understand’ U.S. Skipping Import Fair (Reuters)
- From Made-in-China to Sold-in-China, Foreign Firms Set to Benefit at CIIE (Xinhua)
- Beijing Praises Its Own ‘Import Expo’ Despite Snub From U.S. (SCMP)