We help U.S./International based businesses become Non-Resident Importers (NRIs) to streamline Canada Customs clearances, and offer their clients landed costs for transportation, brokerage fees, duties and taxes.
Our Trade Experts work closely with our clients to understand their business and create a distinctive NRI solution that really works. Making it easier for businesses to expand into the Canadian market. Whether your potential clients are large retailers, small businesses or consumer direct sales, becoming an NRI will help.
Becoming an NRI will allow you to easily sell directly to Canadian consumers, retailers and businesses. Your business will become an Importer of Record (IOR) into Canada, and sales become a more domestic form of transaction. In order to qualify to register as an NRI, your business:
- Does not have a physical presence in Canada;
- Will act as both the exporter and the importer of shipped goods that are sold/consigned in Canada.
Our Trade Experts Can Help
- Our Trade Experts ensure your business is registered properly in Canada, and help you understand the information needed for duty processing and Canadian tax filing;
- They can review your product database to help assign the correct Canadian harmonized codes for each item;
- To ensure visibility on your shipments, we can customize your client profile to automatically notify you the moment each order clears the border;
- We also have a customized online web portal, allowing you to monitor the status of shipments throughout the customs clearance process;
- We help increase sales into Canada by removing border clearance challenges;
We guarantee consistent clearance processing methods that help reduce customs delays — creating potentially faster delivery times.
Benefits To Your Business
The benefits of becoming an NRI include:
- Making the trade process easier for your clients;
- Eliminating the need for a physical entity in Canada, thereby reducing Canadian operating expenses;
- Creating a domestic environment when selling in Canada;
- Enhancing shipment control, consolidating shipments, and lowering shipping costs to maximize your savings;
- Enabling a more cost-effective logistics solutions for your clients;
- Potentially increasing e-commerce sales and enhancing your competitive advantage in the marketplace;
- Offering a selling price that reflects the total shipping cost, including tax and duty rates thereby enhancing your ordering process.
How to Become A Non-Resident Importer
We detail all that you need to know in order to become a Non-Resendent Importer (NRI) here.