(Eugene Mulero – Transport Topics)
Groups representing the construction and business sectors are ramping up their calls for congressional action on an infrastructure measure this year.
The Transportation Construction Coalition and Americans for Transportation Mobility joined forces to urge federal lawmakers to pass legislation that would ensure long-term funding for big-ticket projects.
Included in the legislation should be a sustainable source of funding for the Highway Trust Fund, which relies on dwindling revenue from the 24.4 cents-per-gallon diesel tax and 18.4 cents-per-gallon gas tax. Click here to read more.
- The Best Way to Improve America’s Transportation Network? Fix the Highway Trust Fund Now (Transportation Construction Coalition & Americans for Transportation Mobility)
- Lawmakers Want to Toll America’s Busiest Interstate (Go By Truck News)
- Trump’s Infrastructure Plan Is a Scam (Fortune)
- ‘Infrastructure Week’ Has Become a Joke, and That’s a Big Mistake (AAM)
- 3 Reasons to Think Twice About an Infrastructure Bill (Politico)