(Kathleen Harris – CBC News)
The process to approve or reject Keystone XL pipeline is moving ahead, and no decision has been made, according to U.S. Ambassador Bruce Heyman.
In an interview with CBC News Network’s Power & Politics, Heyman said no one should read anything to the contrary from President Barack Obama’s remarks in his state of the union address Monday night. The White House has said the president will veto legislation to fast-track approval for the project that is now being debated, but Heyman insists the project is still very much in play.
“The process sits in the State Department. It’s moving ahead and recently we have notified – just this last week – each of the government’s agencies to come back with their commentary by Feb. 2,” he told host Evan Solomon. “So the process is moving ahead and I think what the president has made clear is that the process is sitting in the executive branch, and that’s why he’s going to veto this. Keystone is not dead.” Click here to read more.