(Kylie MacLellan & Guy Faulconbridge – Reuters)
Prime Minister Theresa May vowed to fight for her job in a leadership challenge on Wednesday triggered by Conservative lawmakers, saying a change could jeopardize Britain’s divorce from the European Union.
Less than four months until the United Kingdom is due to leave on March 29, Brexit is plunged into chaos with options ranging from a potentially disorderly no-deal departure to another referendum that could reverse it.
Speaking outside her Downing Street residence hours before the vote of confidence on her leadership, May said she would battle for her premiership with everything she had.
In a stark warning to Brexit-supporting opponents who instigated the challenge, May said if they toppled her then the EU exit would be delayed and perhaps even stopped. Click here to read more.
- New Brexit Vote Will be Before January 21 – May’s Spokesman (Reuters)
- UK PM Theresa May Ends Tour Without EU Brexit Concessions (Deutsche Welle)
- Theresa May Gets Locked in Her Car, People Say It’s a ‘Perfect Brexit Metaphor’ (Indian Express)
- May Vows to Fight Party Leadership Challenge ‘With Everything I’ve Got’ (CBC News)
- How Theresa May No Confidence Vote Could Push U.K. Into a No-Deal Brexit (Fortune)
- Brussels Exasperated by May Confidence Vote (Politico)