(Sijia Jiang – Reuters)
ZTE Corp’s main business operations have ceased due to a ban imposed by the U.S. government, but China’s second biggest telecom equipment maker is trying to have the ban modified or reversed, it said on Wednesday.
ZTE was hit by a ban last month from Washington, forbidding U.S. firms from supplying it with components and technology after it was found to have violated U.S. export restrictions by illegally shipping goods to Iran.
“As a result of the Denial Order, the major operating activities of the company have ceased,” ZTE said in the exchange filings late on Wednesday. Click here to read more.
- UK, Japan Companies Help China to Counter US’s Tech Leverage (Modern Tokyo Times)
- Chinese Tech Innovation vs. US Tech Protection: The ZTE Case (Government CIO Media)
- How the U.S. Ban on ZTE Could Disrupt Telecom Supply Chains (Wharton)
- Trump Doesn’t Like China’s Economic Nationalism; So Why is His Administration Stirring It Up? (Washington Post)